Meet SCOTT BRILLIANT
Scott Brilliant lives in Plymouth, Massachusetts with his wife and three children where he manages the firms’ Plymouth office. Scott has focused his entire 20+ year legal career on handling serious personal injury claims, initially for insurance companies and then later for injured plaintiffs, in courtrooms across Massachusetts. Scott’s unique professional experience allows him to maximize the settlement value of his client’s claims because he has direct insight into the inner workings of how large insurance companies operate.
SOME OF ATTORNEY BRILLIANT’S MORE RECENT RESULTS
- $1,250,000.00 – Car Accident Settlement – Brain hemorrhage and internal bleeding as a result of a low-speed rear-end collision. Scott’s client was struck from behind. The insurance company contested causal relation between the accident and injuries. We retained a highly regarded medical expert who supported our claim that the the accident and brain bleed were related. The case settled at mediation after protracted litigation.
- $250,000.00 – Pedestrian Accident Settlement – Scott’s client, a pedestrian, was struck by a motor vehicle as he crossed the street. The insurance company for the at-fault driver of the car paid the settlement after a full day of mediation.
- $120,000.00 -Slip and Fall Accident Settlement – Insurer for the supermarket where Scott’s client slipped and fell entered into a settlement after receiving a detailed demand letter outlining his client’s damages as a result of the store’s negligence.
- $115,000.00 -Premises Liability Settlement – Homeowner’s insurance policy adjuster settled the case after receiving a detailed demand letter outlining his client’s injuries as a result of a defective condition on the homeowner’s property.
- $100,000.00– Car Accident Settlement – The insurance company for the negligent driver who crashed into Scott’s client tendered their insurance policy limits after receiving a detailed demand letter outlining his client’s injuries and lost wages.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Premises Liability Claims
- Clergy Sexual Abuse Claims
- Construction Site Accidents
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits
- Slip and Fall Claims
- Boating Accidents
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Defective Machinery Claims
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Dog Bite cases
- Uber and Lyft Accidents
- Car Accidents
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D. cum laude 1999)
- University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, MA (B.S. cum laude 1996)
- Plymouth County Bar Association
- Plymouth District Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Massachusetts bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- National Trial Lawyers Association